Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week in review- Sunday, March 14th

Happy Sunday! I hope those of you who did the Shamrock half marathon or relay today had a great race! It sure was a perfect day for walking or running. I was so pleased to get in all my workouts this week. Ironically, all of them were either different distances or locations than originally planned but the important thing is I got them all in! Monday, I worked out at the gym. Wednesday and Thursday I was able to walk outside. Unfortunately, I had to cut Thursday's walk short due to a sore shin. I stretched it out and was fine to have my long walk again on Saturday. I actually walked with my parents on Saturday and had a great time! I am still getting used to all the bells and whistles on my Garmin but so far it is a great training tool and motivator!

Soon we will be sharing our new Square Peg Running logo with you. My friend who is a designer has been working on some different options. We will be excited to share the select one with you. Who knows, you may even see it on t-shirt somewhere out and about. Interestingly enough, my friend said talking to Lara and I about the logo and our running/walking experiences has inspired her to start running again. She recently joined a local running program; and I wish her all the best with it!

Next weekend, Lara and I are going to volunteer at the first (hopefully annual) marathon in a neighboring city. We definitely appreciate the volunteers who cheer us on and staff the aid stations in the races we've done, so we want to give back. Plus, it is so inspiring to watch other people achieve their goals or dreams whether it's their first marathon or they achieve a PR. Of course, we have to get our own workout in first!

It is less than two months until our next half marathon, so I am sure we will have lots to share as we start completing our longer distances. Lara's group has done a few longer runs already but there are more to come!

Product of the Week: With the sun out and Spring arriving soon it is essential to have a good sunscreen. I have extremely sensitive skin and burn very easily, so I was very happy to find a new product last year that worked for me. It is the Neutrogena Ultimate Sport sunblock location with helioplex. It is both ultra sweatproof and waterproof. I use sport face (70+ SPF) on my face and neck and Ultimate Sport (also 70+ SPF) on my arms and legs. It keeps me well protected and doesn't irritate my skin. The bonus is it is under $10 and available anywhere that sells sunscreen including Target and Wal-Mart. I highly recommend it!

I hope everyone has a great week this week and if are on the West coast enjoy the sun! Happy running/walking!!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment