Monday, March 7, 2011

Update

You probably suspect my lack of consistency with blogging mirrors my lack of consistency lately with exercise. You are pretty much right. Although I definitely haven't been just sitting around, I haven't been getting my traditional workouts in either. I've been working on lots of projects around the house (painting, grouting, cleaning).. all the fun stuff, so I have been at least engaged in some manual labor. I went on a great 5-mile ish walk on Saturday on a local trail. The weather was beautiful and it felt great to be outdoors. How can life be bad when you follow that up with an iced skinny caramel macchiato at Starbucks and good conversation with your best friend as you look over the trail watching Team and Training finish their workout! Now the question is how do you keep up the momentum and get yourself outside or to the gym for a workout on a dark, drizzly day like today?

We've missed the last few SacFit workouts for various reasons, so it will be good to get back on schedule this Saturday. It's those mid-week workouts that are killing me.. In fact, I could be at the gym right now (or working), but I was able to talk myself out of it by telling myself I will catch up on this blog instead. I am shooting for three workouts this week (totally realistic) and will report back in next weekend on how I did. Maybe that will provide some level of accountability. I think accountability is important and is often the one thing that changes our thought process in a different direction. Without it, things can be grim!

In the spirit of austerity, I don't have a new product of the week but will go on the hunt for one soon. I appreciate any and all suggestions! I don't want to sound totally negative, so on the positive side, daylight savings time is coming up and the Parkway half marathon is less than two months away. Both of those provide a good morale boost and help me escape the winter exercise blues and start picking up speed! That's the thing about exercise is it actually feels really great and can be lots of fun if you just get out there and do it!

I know lots of people have been getting out there and participating in lots of races! I will join you all as soon as I can.

Happy training!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment