Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week in review- Sunday, January 17th

I can't believe it is already Sunday night and time to blog again. It has definitely been an odd week in terms of workouts. Monday night I went to the gym and it seemed like every bone and muscle that could possibly ache in my body did while I was on the treadmill. At first, I thought it was all in my head.. that mental game your body plays when it doesn't want to exercise but after completing 40 minutes on the treadmill and still being in pain I called it quits for the day. I was disappointed to not get my strength training in but sometimes you just have to listen to your body when the message "I can't do this today" persists.

I had a good workout on Thursday but I must confess I missed my third mid-week workout. I guess that happens sometimes! Saturday was our first official Sac Fit workout for the season. Although we were only on the trail for 36 minutes, it was great to be back training with a group again. I look forward to a longer, faster workout next week.

Stay tuned for a new Square Peg Running logo in the next few weeks or months. Lara and I met this weekend with one of my friends, a designer, who is going to help us come up with a great logo! We look forward to enhancing the look of the site and who knows what will come next... would t-shirts be going overboard?

A number of my friends and co-workers are training for the American River Parkway half marathon in May, so I wish everyone luck on your training. I definitely believe having a goal, whether a 5K race or a marathon, keeps you motivated and actually raises the fun level of your training. If you aren't registered for an upcoming race, try finding one in your area in the new few months that looks fun and grab a training buddy and sign up! Happy training!

Product of the week: It is inevitable that we won't always be out training with a friend, so it's especially important on those days we just grab our keys and run out our front door for a neighborhood run/walk that we have identification on us. This is where the Road ID comes in! It is available in various bracelet, anklet, and necklace styles in a number of colors. Road ID allows you to have your contact information and even a personal motto or medical information engraved right on it. I particularly like the pink bracelet style because it is not only functional but pretty fashionable. The Road ID is easily recognized by emergency personnel and can make a big difference in getting the proper medical attention. It is available on-line just search for the Road ID website.

No comments:

Post a Comment