Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello.

As Lisa already blogged, this adventure all started when she asked me to be her training buddy for a half marathon last year. At the time, I had no idea what a half marathon was, but if she was game - I was too. When I found out that it was 13.1 miles, I wasn't sure we could do it - but we did. This year, in an effort to accelerate my weight loss efforts, I decided to "kick it up a notch" and began to mix short bursts of running with walking. Before I knew it, the girl who always claimed she would never be a runner had caught the bug.

Recently, a co-worker, who is also a runner, suggested I listen to the 4 Feet Running podcast. He thought I might like it. After one episode, I was hooked. I couldn't get enough. I started listening to any running podcast I could get my hands on. The more episodes I listened to, the more I thought it would be fun to give our own podcast a try. Fortunately, Lisa agreed to take the plunge with me and Square Peg Running was born. We hope to have our first episode out very soon.

I hope you enjoy following our trials and tribulations as we train for each event. Next up... the San Francisco Half Marathon in July. It will be our first big event. I can't wait.

Until next time . . . remember, don't be afraid to run your race.

No comments:

Post a Comment